Monday, September 21, 2015

Not Dead Yet/Carmen at WNO

It has been a while I know, but rest assured I have been making all the usual new season resolutions to do a better job of not neglecting this space. And as an added motivation to get back in the game, I was very graciously invited to review the WNO's season opener Carmen over at Parterre Box!

I’ve found myself at a number of Carmen productions over the last 18 months (a Jonas Kaufmann-less Saturday matinee at the Met last spring, a Wolf Trap young artist production, and, most recently, a minimal chorus-less outing in Atlantic City which turned on an affair between Carmen and Micaela), and besides putting me over the annual advisable quota for any particular warhorse, it has given me some time to ponder the current state of the Carmen enterprise...

Check out the rest here!

No comments: