Saturday, December 12, 2009

Smyooth Myusic

A: how was elektra, yo???
J: oh it was good
J: Bullock was good but not hottt
J: Voigt kinda summoned fat voigt!
J: which is a good thing
A: oh word??
J: she sounded way way better
A: nice
J: I thought G--- was going to die
A: "I call on thee, spirit of fat voigt, rise now..."
J: hah
A: die how?
J: just with general elektra excitement
A: kewl
A: his review is great
J: it's really fun
A: hmmm
A: how wuz felicity palmer
J: she's really great
A: i think i have to do the 22nd or the 29th
J: if you do the 29th I'll go with you
J: I fly to chicago in the morn for Kitty Kabs
A: indeed!
A: that is exciting
A: its really an amazing role for her
A: more complex than jenufa is in a way
J: yeah I'm way excited
A: where are you sitting
J: in the $136 orch seats. row HH.
J: basically the Carmelites seats
A: right
A: worth it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J: I thought G--- was going to die
A: "I call on thee, spirit of fat voigt, rise now..."
J: hah
A: die how?
J: just with general elektra excitement

Having not seen Elektra for about 6or 7 years, I also felt like I was going to die from "general Elektra excitement". Indeed, is that how Elektra dies?

Seriously, my mouth was wide open in either full smile mode, or in full aghast mode as in "no she diin't" or "no Strauss diin't", or in "I need to breathe oxygen NOW lest I pass out from the general awesomeness of this opera" mode. Sometimes there was combination of reasons.