Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Happy Birthday, You Big Lug

As I am certain he *must* be an avid reader, wellsung would like to wish a very happy birthday to everyone's favorite Welsh Bass-Baritone, Bryn Terfel. According to his Unofficial Fan Site, the Financial Times is quoted as claiming he has "the agility of a wrestler and the sexual charisma of a rock star."

I mean...happy birthday and all, but let's not get carried away.

Wrestler-like agility notwithstanding, I find myself frequently returning to the first recording of his I heard (when I was in High School) as one of my all time favorites: The Vagabond.

It's a collection of 20th century English songs (Vaughan Williams, et al) and is right up this wrestler/rock star's alley. Definitely worth a listen.

A Bryntastic 40th bday to you and yours.

No comments: