Thursday, November 10, 2005

Rain

J: so I wonder why Rigoletto is selling so crazy
A: I think because it is so awesome
J: oh really?
J: I really don't know it at all
A: I think it is considered the thinking man's Verdi blockbuster
A: Before the Wagner came along, I think I would have called it my favorite opera
J: interesting...well that Tuesday night is gonna totally sell out
A: I'll see if I can round up both halves of my set and hook it up
J: schweet
J: oh I just saw your IM about it being formerly your fav opera
J: wow
A: it is true
J: sweet now I am excited
J: and it'll be the season premiere with opera hot Netrebko and villazon
A: the story is completely devastating, but done in top form tight Verdi operatelling
A: and there are a few ensemble numbers that may just be the best of their sort ever written
J: wow
J: what is the recording you have?
A: this 80s all star thing with Pav, Leo Nucci, and June Anderson
A: BTW, a fun diversion is the arkiv music opera index page, where you can see what operas have been recorded the most
A: thunder
A: cat mildly concerned
J: yeah Andrew is so concerned he is licking his ass like there is no tomorrow
A: hahaha
J: ohh lightning
J: this is good thunder
A: it has been a while since thunder
J: interesting, Tosca has been recorded a lot more than Boheme
A: right?
A: granted, its far from definitive, but the question of what is in print is an interesting twist as well
J: and only 13 Gianni Schicchi's?
A: huh
J: yeah...
J: I want this
A: shiznit
J: hah
A: hm...no humping tonight
J: !
J: big thunder
A: cat: WTF?
J: heh
A: cleaning oneself with one's tongue seems so calming
J: well
J: you could try
J: and let me know
A: perhaps posting the pics at www.icleanedmyself.com
J: hah
J: wait you made that up right?
A: yes
A: dear god I hope it doesn't click through to anything

3 comments:

Maury D'annato said...

Selling out quickly indeed. My thrice accursed opera accomplice is failing to call me back, and I'm faintly concerned about ticket availability.

Chalkenteros said...

OH NO!!!!! I was planning on attending this performance. I'd better scurry on over to the box office soon.

Jonathan said...

Yeah I ended up having to dish out for the Saturday 12/10...

If you don't mind Fam Circ, it looks like there is still a few of those for Tuesday 12/13...