Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hey

I know its been light lately. Strang things have been afoot in the Wellsung universe. These nice mp3s from recent listening don't really make up for it. But perhaps they are a start, no?
  • Giuseppe DiStefano in the last act of Un Ballo in Maschera, 1957, La Scala, w/ Callas, Simionato, Bastianni, Gavazzeni conducting. I guess this is a pretty well known contender for best recorded Ballo of all time. To that I will just say "for reals". MP3
  • Even though I'm still kind of miffed at Barbara Frittoli for being so awesome in Cosi and then ditching out on Luisa Miller, I will post this take of her in a suprisingly disarming Pagliacci conducted by Ricardo Chailly. I don't love every second of her here, but when she's on she's so very, very on. MP3
  • And a little something to clear the palette, from Janacek's piano works. MP3

No comments: